Sunday 15 May 2016

the story of us

I see you,
U smile,
I smile!
U move,
I move;
closer,
Like a mirror,
I'm reflected in you,
The good and
The bad,
You show me all,
Yet my face remains
In your eyes!
I feel your closeness,
And for the moment,
We are one.
One heart;
One mind;
One soul;
The equal
And the opposite.
An entirety!
The perfect balance of
Yin and yang,
We are the harmony
Of existence,
The halves
Of a whole,
The rest
Of each other.
And nothing
Makes more sense than this,
Than us.
And you see me,
And I smile,
And you smile!

3 comments:

  1. I like the circularity of this seemingly personal poem, which is universal, and the way you’ve expanded on the act of smiling, and which is reflected in the shape of the poem, especially when you turn it on its side. I’d change ‘U smile’ to ‘you smile’ to match both ends. 😊

    ReplyDelete