Saturday 14 May 2016

injustice

I see injustice every day
as I go idly on my way
on every Road and every Street
in every friend and foe I meet
in the eyes of the stranger
with his head held low
facing trials and danger
that I couldn't possibly know of
so I let them pass
turn away instead
its easier than trying to get inside their head
admit they may need help
admit I may do too
ignore the silent problems
as so many of us do
yet I no in truth
we're all fighting battles
but instead of stepping out we all hide like cattle
safety in numbers blending into the crowd
camouflaged wallflowers
no individuals allowed
as step by step
we pass them by
the beaten wife and the homeless guy
the bullied kid, the immigrant
its not my problem
they've had their chance
others could help them
it doesn't have to be me
they don't fall in my category
so in my bubble
I can justify
how I just walked past a crying child
with noticeable bruises
and holes in her skirt
because kids fall over
and they're always getting hurt
not to mention the woman
hiding a black eye
she's never going to leave him
I bet she hasn't even tried
and I can see in all our faces
this justification is enough
I mean, life is hard right?
Who hasn't got it tough?
some of us pass  judgement
most of us ignore
as we step over the vagrant
sleeping on the floor
but since he's probably alcoholic
and done this 2 himself
why should I have compassion?
I need to worry about myself

No comments:

Post a Comment